I’m not your average freelance copywriter. I’ve never worked at a big ad agency. Never spent a single minute thinking up catchy slogans. And I have no idea how to write fluffy, “Madison Avenue” style copy.
What I do know is how to sell. And not just in print. I cut my teeth in the high-pressure world of commission-only face-to-face sales.
Why is that important?
Simple. I understand what really makes people buy. I know how exactly how to hit their emotional hot buttons. And I know how to motivate your prospects to take action now.
What’s more, I understand the day-to-day realities of running a business. As a small business owner, I put my money on the line…paid the price for my failures…and profited wildly from my “big wins”.
On top of that, I’m a lifelong writer with a deep love for the written word. I wrote my first book at age 11. At 19, I was accepted into one of the most presitigous fiction writing programs in the country. And by the time I was 23, I’d published over twenty works of fiction and non-fiction.
What does all of that mean to you?
Well, here’s a short list of the results I’ve gotten for my clients over the last few years:
- Created a direct mail promotion that returned $12.70 for every $1 spent
- Wrote a direct-mail control package that increase response rates 24%–and boosted average order size, too.
- Developed a VSL for the dating and relationship market that beat the (very strong) control by more than 30%.
- Created website copy for a nutritional supplement that increased ROI 40% over the existing control
- Wrote a 3-step email series promoting a real estate investment seminar with a 32% response rate (and filled all the seats, too)
- Wrote an insert for a nutritional supplement that increased sales by 50%
- Developed a 3-part direct mail promotion that increased sales by $2,000,000
- Wrote an online sales letter that converts 13% of visitors to paying customers (and boosted profits by 551%)
- Developed a landing page and 5-step email series that filled every seat at an exclusive seminar for elite financial advisors—at $2,995 each.
- Wrote a 5 part email series that boosted revenues by 19%
- And much more…
But don’t take my word for it.
Here’s what some of my happy clients have to say:
“I recently hired Paul to help launch a new supplement. His copy was excellent—tight, well-paced, and highly effective…I’m thrilled with the results and I definitely plan on hiring him next time I need winning direct mail copy. ”
Carl Pradelli, CEO
“As a copy chief, I have been delighted to work with Paul. He gets it. He does the research and his copy is clear, effective and compelling. It cuts through the cacophony of typical advertising messages that make most people go into a glazed over “zone”.
In fact, I believe in Paul’s abilities so much, I just hired him to write copy for my husband’s business – copy I wouldn’t entrust to just anybody, even myself.
Obviously, I can’t give a stronger endorsement of Paul than that. I believe he is a rising star in the competitive arena of copywriters. I’d hire Paul now, while you still can. I did.”
Karen Anderson, MS
The Copy Shrink